Monday, June 25, 2012

Sunday, June 25th, 2012

11 miles.
Chatham Harbor Run 10k.
I could write a million things about this race, as I have more history with it, good and bad, than any other course on the planet. Let's just say some years are good and some are bad and there's no real in between. This one sucked, but it could have been worse.
I just went out a little too fast, was a little too tired and just didn't have it. Between the speed session that just left me spent in the heat Wednesday and the hard efforts the last 2 weeks, I was not ready to go hard for 6 with hills. Last week was 32:44 and I felt strong throughout, this week was 33:47 and I felt like ass from mile 3 on. Sub 5:20's first 3, @ 5:30-5:34 the next. Oy.
I likely wouldn't have won no matter what I had, as Ian Nurse took it and he's just strong as hell. Great guy too, so I certainly can't be at all disappointed with who beat me, but I still simply wish I'd run better.
Leg's sore, but just a little, so I'm taking tomorrow off and will likely go light this week, trying to get my diet under control and lose some of this weight. I can't deny it, I'm carrying a freaking loaf around on the front of me and it's making everything just a little less comfortable.
Oh well, bitch, bitch, bitch. Still had a great time (no, really) as I got to hang with Ian, see old friends and get a little sun. I mean, really, can I complain that much?

M- 12
T- 6.5
W- 13 (8/5)
Th- 6
F- 11.5
sa- 0
Su 11

week- 60 miles

No comments: