Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Nov. 3rd, 2010

16 miles.
10 with Lilah in the woods. Felt pretty good from the get-go and decided to start going fast, thinking that I've been a little too concerned with quantity and not enough with quality of late.
I've been reading about Salazar working with Ritz on his stride and how they noted Bikele's high, quick ass-kick motion that reflexively brought his foot back down with greater frequency.
I tried it and found myself working more - or so it seemed - muscularly, but not as hard aerobically. I ran like this for miles 3 through 8 and went 6:06, 6:02, 5:52, 5:48, 5:37. I worked a little, for sure, but I didn't struggle terribly or lose form at any point.
Seeing as this was in the woods and in trainers with crap traction, I'm pretty pleased. I won't get too excited just yet, as it was one day, one run, but it sure felt good and seemed to be if not a breakthrough, a gain of some sort anyway.
Ran 6 later with Geof between 6:50 and 7:05.
Good day for sure.

No comments: