Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Monday, December 19th, 2011

4 miles.
Went out real slow with a compression sleeve on the leg and felt OK. @ 3 miles I decided to get cocky (mostly because I was tired of not running with something at least close to my natural gait) and as soon as I started to really drive off my forefoot, the calf began to bark. So stupid. So, I knew I was a mile from home, so I just pointed myself that way and dealt with the discomfort. Not really in pain, but not comfortable either. With a 1/2 mile to go, I decided to see what would happen if I went for what I would imagine 10 mile race pace to be, still thinking of Amherst, which is getting a little too close for my liking and is seeming like less of a possibility. Going 5:20 pace actually felt pretty good, but I think that's only because of the rush of adrenaline and the fact that everything was engaged. I remembered back to CVS where the first mile felt painful, but I still had mobility in my leg, whereas by mile 2, I was a stiff, hobbling dipshit.
Speaking of dipshit, that's pretty much what I feel like for trying to go fast at 3 today n the first place, but I just couldn't take it.

No comments: