Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday, February 27th, 2012

7 miles @ 6:22 pace.
Maybe it's some inner judge rewarding me for not racing yesterday, but today's 7 miles felt freaking great. The first mile was a 7:05, which lately for me and my easy, easy warmups is quick, but it felt super slow and easy. Got right down to 6:30 or better and just kept it there, running the 6th in a 5:40 without really working too hard, with the last 1/2 of it cruising between 5:05 and 5:20. Cooled down for a mile and called it a day, as I would like to run tomorrow easy.
I'm still very much on the fence about New Bedford, and I feel like I still can't even consider it until I can get a good 15 under my belt without breaking down, but after seeing the team finish 3rd for the first time in 10 years (or something crazy like that,) I have to seriously consider it, whether I'm ready to really race it or not. I know I am no one-man savior, especially on a team as rich as ours, but with everyone beat up right now, it's definitely pushing me to do everything I can to get healthy and be a factor.

No comments: