Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thursday, March 22nd, 2012

8 miles easy.
So, call me a flip-flopper or what you will, I can't deny that my calf felt a touch tender this morning. I ran a nice easy 8 miles with Scott around Hyannis and though it held up just fine for that, it is just not ready to go hard for even 5000 meters without a setback and I just have to be honest about that. While I feel like a chooch for getting myself all psyched to race again, only to have to come clean to myself about where I've come from and where I'm at, I know that while I'm itching to race, I'm really happy as hell to just be running every day without pain, and if I race, there's a damn good chance that won't be a given for the immediate future. Oh well, call it a maintenance year, where I won't be an overall factor in the GP or Pub Series standings, but if I play it right, I'll still be able to get some good performances in and look forward to 2013 as a biggie (wow, that looks really weird in print.)

No comments: