Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tuesday, February 12th, 2013

13 miles.

10 mile workout early- 2 mile warmup, then mile repeats with recoveries good and tight, not letting up too much. The first was into the wind and is always a little ugly, and it was a 5:48. Recovery on that was a 6:13. Then, I was a little looser and a 5:36 came with a lot less effort, with another 6:13 following. Mile 7 was a 5:31, with a 6:08 recovery and I went for it a bit on the last, going 5:15 for mile 9 and recovering in 6:07.
Damn, I'm feeling fit. I was psyched to see that 5:15 that late. I haven't had this sort of late-run strength and confidence in a while.
Went to the gym later and did a good 40 minutes of core and weights and 3 easy miles on the treadmill.
Easy Double tomorrow, then hills Thursday, fartleks Saturday and long Sunday.

No comments: