Saturday, June 15, 2013

Thursday, June 13th, 2013

9 miles. Hollis Fast 5k. USATF-NE GP # 3.
Got there early, caught a break from the rain and warmed up for 3 with Jose Ortiz. Got to the line and just relaxed, knowing that it was going to be a fast one all the way.
I didn't realize how much the upper body work would help with the downhill running and found myself easily going 4:47 for the 1st mile. I was able to relax and take advantage of the 2nd and go 4:48 and then close with a 4:55 as it flattened out. Came within one second of Magill, who I'd closed a good 10 second gap on over the last mile, but he outkicked me the last 100 and I had to be happy with 2nd and a 15:00.4 (I had 14:59.6 on the watch, but official is official.)
23rd overall, 2nd Master and another 9 points in the GP standings. Just have to stay healthy and keep up the weights and speed work and Carver should be another good one.

No comments: