Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Saturday, February 22nd, 2014

7 miles. Harbor Heights 5k in Punta Gorda. Treated the week sort of like a race week, but couldn't control one major factor- the humidity. I hate excuses, so I won't make it much of one here. It was like swimming. 100% humidity and I was soaked after my easy 2.5 mile warmup.
Went out for a 5:08 first mile and felt like that was a pace I could hold for 3 without a problem, but by 1.5, I was feeling it and and my singlet and shorts were drenched and stuck to me. 5:16 for a 2nd mile meant I was going to have to find a way to go 5:00 flat to creep under 16 minutes. Not a chance. Next thing I knew, struggling to keep it under 5:25 and I ended up with a 5:24 3rd. Managed to close OK and got 16:28, which I'm really not happy with at all. I was happy to win, as it's been a while, but still...

No comments: