Monday, January 26, 2015

Sunday, January 25th, 2015

7 miles @ 6:49.
This was supposed to be a long run, but I've been feeling as if I have something coming on for days and I think it's hit.
Last time I got sick, I remember being on the bike with an elevated heart rate and my legs, specifically my quads, ended up feeling as beat up as if I'd run 23 miles or biked 90 (when I'd only done 30.)
So, after 5, they started to ache, and by 7, I knew even going 8 was a bad idea. So the week ended at 40 for a total.
I'm still plenty glad that I'm feeling good otherwise as far as running in general, and that 7-8 miles @ decent pace feels as good as it has in a long time. I've got some base fitness. Whether any of this will translate into me being able to run even under 57 at Amherst remains  to be seen. I'm just taking it day by day and am just damned happy I can run. Competing comes next.

M- 7.5
T- 0
W- 8.5
Th- 9
F- 8
Sa- 0
Su - 7

week- 40 miles

No comments: