Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April 28, 2009

7 miles fast on the Chatham course.
Yesterday felt like I was back to normal, so I went into tonight's run with no specific workout in mind, just wanting to feel good for 2 days in a row.
I got there a bit late and thus went out a bit fast and clocked a 6:22 first mile (sort of stupid, but then again, the course starts straight downhill.) Next thing I know I'm going through 2 in 6:04 and feeling like I'm certainly putting forth an effort, but one I can sustain.
From there on it was all 5:46 and below for 4 straight miles. Even up the hills, I was cooking.
I just wanted to see what it felt like to run fast again, and though it's only one run, it seems as if my fitness is right where I left it before the taper. Now I just need to take the rest of the week easy, race Saturday, go longish Sunday and finish the week @ 50-55 or so. After that, it's straight back to work.

No comments: