Monday, April 23, 2012

Saturday, April 21st, 2012

10 miles with Kevin from home to Wellfleet and back. Originally we were going to do a straight-up tempo, which I was thinking would be between 5:30 and 5:40 and frankly, I was a little scared to be trying to hold on that for 6 miles or more right now. I figured I was going to try for far faster than that at the Ramble, but still, to do it in training was something that's never been my specialty and I just didn't know how strong I'd be or if I'd be flirting with injury. Luckily, when Kevin arrived, he gave me the choice of doing to tempo or a progression. I opted for the progression, which progressed quickly. We did a true 7:10 warmup mile and then went right to as 6:05 and then stayed between 5:35 and 5:45 for the 7 straight until we called it a day at 9 and cooled down for 1.25. Really great run and left me feeling very pleasantly surprised at how strong I felt throughout. Can't wait for the Ramble. Great to see Kevin running this strong again, too. Good stuff.

No comments: