Saturday, February 15, 2014

Saturday, February 15th, 2014

17.25 miles.
Yup, I'd call it "the weird gets weirder," but it comes down to the fact that I tried too much too soon and my leg just didn't agree. Today was all about just seeing what would happen if I was smart warming up and, hopefully, being able to stay out for an hour. Instead, the first 2 miles were a cautious crawl and 8:20 and 8:04 and then it was just keeping it somewhere between 7:10 and 7:30 for the rest, with a few that were close to 7:00 and even 1 (at 17) that was safely gambled at 6:57. So, I was never tired, I was never pained, but I still knew that I'd stayed out for 2:05 and it all went just fine. Back to basics. The long run is slow. Period. Was it fun burning them off in 6:30 to sub-6:00? Sure. Can I do that right now for weeks on end and be OK? No. I know that now (again.)

No comments: