Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Monday, March 31st, 2014

0 miles.

So, it would appear I have a baker's cyst, which is, in  nutshell, a buildup of fluid in a sac behind the knee. Yes, this is a self-diagnosis, but unless it's a blood clot and sometime on my next run I'll just see a lovely flash and go boom into neverland, that's what it looks like.
Going to see someone tomorrow about it, but I'm also going to attempt to run, as more time off is neither going to help it or my my, by now sure-to-be, decreasing aerobic capacity.

2 comments:

Scott said...

I've had a baker's cyst for 6 years, Joe. It doesn't exactly go away, but it is completely manageable once you figure out the right combination of ingredients. Often gets worse with higher mileage, but due to weakening form while running fatigued, and has far less to do with total volume. All hope is not lost! Crazy painful when it's in a bad place, though. If you have questions about how I've managed it, let me know.

joe navas said...

Wow. Thanks for the info. I'll send you a message via FB. Thanks, Scott.